BIG GOOGLY EYES!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tuesday Lecture and Photoshop Painting

It was really nice to hear some upperclassmen giving us advice. I won't be a sophomore until Spring 2011, but the "10 Things I Wish I Knew as a Sophomore" presentation is still helpful as a freshman. I think the biggest bit of advice that I want to use is to get a bike. I still don't know how to ride one (auuugh embarrassing) but I'm making it my mission this spring to learn how. I can't stand sitting around North Philly as it is, and SEPTA is just about the worst thing in the world, so a bike would definitely help me out a lot. And this way I can be some sort of arty hipster with a fixie and a tight hoodie and I can talk about "bike culture" and typefaces in the most insufferable way possible.

And now the part that everyone (mostly just my mom) has been waiting for, my photoshop painting:



I still hate painting in photoshop, btw. Mostly what a did is smooth out the colors on the dragon and the fawn and clone stamped some messy spots in the grass. I wanted to keep a lot of the original texture of the watercolor because I think it works well with the oriental style of the dragon.

And now I'm going to go to my midterm critique and then try to shove as many naked juices and bagels down my gullet as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment