BIG GOOGLY EYES!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tuesday Lecture


I thought this lecture was pretty interesting. Rob is always telling me about how Tyler's curriculum is based off the Bauhaus school and I usually just nod and say, "Ok" without really knowing what it meant. How rad would it have been to have been taught by Vassily Kandinsky and Paul Klee? Hint: very.

That said, I really don't like Bauhaus architecture. It's so cold and almost Orwellian to the point of being practically unlivable. I do like the chessboard, though.

The second part of the lecture dealt with connecting your art to the surrounding community. The idea of involving my art with Temple as a whole, or even the entire city of Philadelphia is very exciting. I was thinking that perhaps since Tyler and Presser share a building, yet we never make any real contact, we could collaborate with the music students more often in some sort of multimedia whatchamacallit. Neato!!

No comments:

Post a Comment